In Essex County there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 96.19% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 948 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Essex County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Essex County are not shown.
Essex County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Essex County is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 96.19% of Essex County. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Essex County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Essex County?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Essex County.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Essex County home can get up to 948 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 96.10% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Essex County.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the east parts of Essex County, and slower in the central areas of the county.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Essex County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Essex County you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 7.46% of Essex County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 90.90% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for 1.03%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Essex County homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Essex County, along with details on where in Essex County and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Essex County, NJ
Verizon fiber coverage
About 96.19%, or 754,080 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Essex County area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Essex County.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is below average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Essex County. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Essex County. The fastest plan anyone in Essex County can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Essex County customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Essex County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is below average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Essex County fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the county. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Essex County is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Essex County Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Essex County or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Essex County compare to the rest of New Jersey?
Fiber internet speeds in Essex County are comparable versus the average speeds in New Jersey: 899 Mbps in New Jersey versus 948 Mbps in the county. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the county. Average fiber coverage in New Jersey is 96.53% versus 96.19% in Essex County.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Essex County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Hudson County, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Union County, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Passaic County, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- New York County, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bergen County, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Richmond County, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Morris County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Kings County, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Bronx County, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Queens County, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- Multnomah County, OR: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Worcester County, MA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Hamilton County, OH: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Essex County, MA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Montgomery County, PA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Oklahoma County, OK: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Snohomish County, WA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- San Mateo County, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Jefferson County, KY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Denton County, TX: less fiber coverage, slower speeds