In New Jersey there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 68.05% of the state. The average home can get speeds up to 986 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in New Jersey
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in New Jersey are not shown.
New Jersey Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in New Jersey is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 68.05% of New Jersey. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in New Jersey above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in New Jersey?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in New Jersey.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average New Jersey home can get up to 986 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the state is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, less than 1% of homes can only purchase plans up to 6.0 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in New Jersey.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the northwest parts of New Jersey, and slower in the southeast areas of the state.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in New Jersey?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in New Jersey you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the state.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 14.86% of New Jersey homes.
- Cable is fastest for 82.71% of the state.
- DSL is fastest for 1.27%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of New Jersey homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in New Jersey, along with details on where in New Jersey and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in New Jersey
Verizon fiber coverage
About 67.68%, or 5,950,334 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the state. The company covers the entire New Jersey area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in much of New Jersey.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is below average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in New Jersey. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is below average. There are no different maximum speeds throughout New Jersey. The fastest plan anyone in New Jersey can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all New Jersey customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In New Jersey download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is below average where upload speeds are concerned, and below average compared to other New Jersey fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the state. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in New Jersey is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
New Jersey Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to New Jersey or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in New Jersey compare to the rest of the United States?
Fiber internet speeds in New Jersey are comparable versus the average speeds in the United States: 936 Mbps in the United States versus 986 Mbps in the state. The nation has far less fiber availability compared to the state. Average fiber coverage in the United States is 89.84% versus 68.05% in New Jersey.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around New Jersey are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other states?
Below are states nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Delaware: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Connecticut: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- New York: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Maryland: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Pennsylvania: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- District of Columbia: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Rhode Island: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Massachusetts: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- New Hampshire: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Vermont: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
States with Similar Populations
- Virginia: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Michigan: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Carolina: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Georgia: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Washington: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Arizona: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Massachusetts: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Indiana: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Tennessee: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Ohio: less fiber coverage, slower speeds