In Bronx County there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 92.12% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Bronx County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Bronx County are not shown.
Bronx County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Bronx County is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 92.12% of Bronx County. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Bronx County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Bronx County?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Bronx County.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Bronx County home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 91.79% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Bronx County.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the southwest parts of Bronx County, and slower in the northwest areas of the county.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Bronx County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Bronx County you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 5.87% of Bronx County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 92.28% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for 1.15% of Bronx County homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Bronx County, along with details on where in Bronx County and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Bronx County, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 92.12%, or 1,276,026 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Bronx County area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Bronx County.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Bronx County. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Bronx County. The fastest plan anyone in Bronx County can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Bronx County customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Bronx County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Bronx County fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the county. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Bronx County is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Bronx County Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Bronx County or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Bronx County compare to the rest of New York?
Fiber internet speeds in Bronx County are comparable versus the average speeds in New York: 886 Mbps in New York versus 940 Mbps in the county. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the county. Average fiber coverage in New York is 97.92% versus 92.12% in Bronx County.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Bronx County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- New York County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Queens County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bergen County, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Hudson County, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Kings County, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Westchester County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Nassau County, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Passaic County, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Essex County, NJ: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Rockland County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- Palm Beach County, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Nassau County, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Sacramento County, CA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Suffolk County, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Hillsborough County, FL: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Middlesex County, MA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Philadelphia County, PA: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Cuyahoga County, OH: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Orange County, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Oakland County, MI: less fiber coverage, faster speeds