In Philadelphia County there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 96.34% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 721 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Philadelphia County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Philadelphia County are not shown.
Philadelphia County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Philadelphia County is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 96.34% of Philadelphia County. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Philadelphia County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Philadelphia County?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Philadelphia County.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Philadelphia County home can get up to 721 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 30.33% of homes can only purchase plans up to 150 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Philadelphia County.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the southeast parts of Philadelphia County, and slower in the central areas of the county.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Philadelphia County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Philadelphia County you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for less than 1% of Philadelphia County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 98.99% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Philadelphia County homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Philadelphia County, along with details on where in Philadelphia County and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Philadelphia County, PA
Verizon fiber coverage
About 96.33%, or 1,469,991 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Philadelphia County area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Philadelphia County.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is below average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Philadelphia County. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are 2 different maximum speeds throughout Philadelphia County. The fastest plan anyone in Philadelphia County can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, the slowest package only goes up to 150 Mbps, and the county-wide average maximum speed for Philadelphia County customers is up to 690 Mbps.
Show all download speeds
- 68.3% up to 940.0 Mbps
- 31.7% up to 150.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Philadelphia County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is below average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Philadelphia County fiber providers. Verizon offers 2 different upload speeds across the county, so your internet plan's upload speed may vary by neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Philadelphia County is up to 880 Mbps. Some customers have slower plan choices, which only go up to 150 Mbps. On average, Verizon customers can get speeds up to 649 Mbps.
Show all upload speeds
- 68.3% up to 880.0 Mbps
- 31.7% up to 150.0 Mbps
Philadelphia County Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Philadelphia County or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Philadelphia County compare to the rest of Pennsylvania?
Fiber internet speeds in Philadelphia County are comparable versus the average speeds in Pennsylvania: 979 Mbps in Pennsylvania versus 721 Mbps in the county. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the county. Average fiber coverage in Pennsylvania is 94.97% versus 96.34% in Philadelphia County.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Philadelphia County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Camden County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Delaware County, PA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Montgomery County, PA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Gloucester County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bucks County, PA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Burlington County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Mercer County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Chester County, PA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Salem County, NJ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- New Castle County, DE: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- Middlesex County, MA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Suffolk County, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Sacramento County, CA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Alameda County, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- New York County, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bronx County, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Palm Beach County, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Nassau County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Hillsborough County, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Wayne County, MI: less fiber coverage, faster speeds