In Wakefield-Williamsbridge there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 99.85% of the neighborhood. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Wakefield-Williamsbridge
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Wakefield-Williamsbridge are not shown.
Wakefield-Williamsbridge Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Wakefield-Williamsbridge is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 99.85% of Wakefield-Williamsbridge. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Wakefield-Williamsbridge above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Wakefield-Williamsbridge?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Wakefield-Williamsbridge.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Wakefield-Williamsbridge home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the neighborhood is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 99.44% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Wakefield-Williamsbridge.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the east parts of Wakefield-Williamsbridge, and slower in the southwest areas of the neighborhood.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Wakefield-Williamsbridge?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Wakefield-Williamsbridge you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the neighborhood.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 11.10% of Wakefield-Williamsbridge homes.
- Cable is fastest for 88.86% of the neighborhood.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Wakefield-Williamsbridge homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Wakefield-Williamsbridge, along with details on where in Wakefield-Williamsbridge and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Wakefield-Williamsbridge, Bronx, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 99.85%, or 109,990 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the neighborhood. The company covers the entire Wakefield-Williamsbridge area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Wakefield-Williamsbridge.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Wakefield-Williamsbridge. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Wakefield-Williamsbridge. The fastest plan anyone in Wakefield-Williamsbridge can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Wakefield-Williamsbridge customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Wakefield-Williamsbridge download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Wakefield-Williamsbridge fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Wakefield-Williamsbridge is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Wakefield-Williamsbridge Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Wakefield-Williamsbridge or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Wakefield-Williamsbridge compare to the rest of Bronx?
Fiber internet speeds in Wakefield-Williamsbridge are comparable versus the average speeds in Bronx: 968 Mbps in Bronx versus 940 Mbps in the neighborhood. The city has similar fiber availability compared to the neighborhood. Average fiber coverage in Bronx is 98.54% versus 99.85% in Wakefield-Williamsbridge.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Wakefield-Williamsbridge are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other neighborhoods?
Below are neighborhoods nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Woodlawn, Bronx, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- South Side, Mount Vernon, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Baychester, Bronx, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Williamsbridge, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Southeast Yonkers, Yonkers, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bedford Park, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Country Club, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Side, Mount Vernon, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Lincoln Park, Yonkers, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Eastchester, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
Neighborhoods with Similar Populations
- Woodhaven-Richmond Hill, Woodhaven, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- South Side, Corpus Christi, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Southeast Mesa, Mesa, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- West San Jose, San Jose, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Brownsville, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- East San Jose, San Jose, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Southwest Dallas, Dallas, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Forest Hills, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds