In Bronx there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 92.89% of the city. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Bronx
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Bronx are not shown.
Bronx Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Bronx is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 92.89% of Bronx. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Bronx above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Bronx?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Bronx.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Bronx home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the city is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 92.56% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Bronx.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the southwest parts of Bronx, and slower in the northwest areas of the city.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Bronx?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Bronx you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the city.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 6.47% of Bronx homes.
- Cable is fastest for 92.48% of the city.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Bronx homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Bronx, along with details on where in Bronx and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Bronx, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 92.89%, or 1,284,156 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the city. The company covers the entire Bronx area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Bronx.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Bronx. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Bronx. The fastest plan anyone in Bronx can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Bronx customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Bronx download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Bronx fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the city. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Bronx is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Bronx Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Bronx or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Bronx compare to the rest of New York?
Fiber internet speeds in Bronx are comparable versus the average speeds in New York: 886 Mbps in New York versus 940 Mbps in the city. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the city. Average fiber coverage in New York is 97.92% versus 92.89% in Bronx.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Bronx are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other cities?
Below are cities nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Fort Lee, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- College Point, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Pelham Manor, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Mount Vernon, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Edgewater, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Leonia, NJ: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Englewood, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Cliffside Park, NJ: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Whitestone, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
Cities with Similar Populations
- Phoenix, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Jacksonville Metro, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Virginia Beach Metro, VA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Oklahoma City Metro, OK: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- San Diego, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Memphis Metro, TN: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Dallas, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Raleigh Metro, NC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Philadelphia, PA: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Louisville Metro, KY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds