In The Villages there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 59.27% of the city. The average home can get speeds up to 845 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in The Villages
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in The Villages are not shown.
The Villages Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in The Villages is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 59.27% of The Villages. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Centurylink. Call one of the companies with service in The Villages above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in The Villages?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in The Villages.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average The Villages home can get up to 845 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the city is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, less than 1% of homes can only purchase plans up to 1.0 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in The Villages.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the southwest parts of The Villages, and slower in the northeast areas of the city.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in The Villages?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in The Villages you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the city.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for less than 1% of The Villages homes.
- Cable is fastest for 98.83% of the city.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of The Villages homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in The Villages, along with details on where in The Villages and at what speeds.
Centurylink Fiber in The Villages, FL
Centurylink fiber coverage
About 59.27%, or 30,502 people, have Centurylink fiber internet available to them in the city. The company covers the entire The Villages area. Centurylink is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in a majority of The Villages.
Centurylink fiber download speeds
Centurylink is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in The Villages. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Centurylink fiber is the slowest. There are 11 different maximum speeds throughout The Villages. The fastest plan anyone in The Villages can order from Centurylink goes up to 940 Mbps, the slowest package only goes up to 1.0 Mbps, and the city-wide average maximum speed for The Villages customers is up to 844 Mbps.
Show all download speeds
- 88.8% up to 940.0 Mbps
- 0.3% up to 500.0 Mbps
- 2.6% up to 100.0 Mbps
- 5.2% up to 80.0 Mbps
- 0.2% up to 65.0 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 40.0 Mbps
- 0.2% up to 25.0 Mbps
- 0.4% up to 20.0 Mbps
- 0.1% up to 15.0 Mbps
- 0.6% up to 10.0 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 1.0 Mbps
Centurylink fiber upload speeds
In The Villages download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Centurylink fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Centurylink is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other The Villages fiber providers. Centurylink offers 11 different upload speeds across the city, so your internet plan's upload speed may vary by neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in The Villages is up to 940 Mbps. Some customers have slower plan choices, which only go up to 0.51 Mbps. On average, Centurylink customers can get speeds up to 838 Mbps.
Show all upload speeds
- 88.6% up to 940.0 Mbps
- 0.3% up to 500.0 Mbps
- 0.2% up to 200.0 Mbps
- 1.1% up to 100.0 Mbps
- 1.2% up to 50.0 Mbps
- 5.5% up to 10.0 Mbps
- 1.0% up to 5.0 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 2.0 Mbps
- 0.1% up to 1.5 Mbps
- 0.6% up to 0.8 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 0.5 Mbps
The Villages Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to The Villages or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in The Villages compare to the rest of Florida?
Fiber internet speeds in The Villages are comparable versus the average speeds in Florida: 968 Mbps in Florida versus 845 Mbps in the city. The state has far less fiber availability compared to the city. Average fiber coverage in Florida is 94.78% versus 59.27% in The Villages.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around The Villages are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other cities?
Below are cities nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Oxford, FL: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Lady Lake, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Summerfield, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Weirsdale, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Pedro, FL: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Fruitland Park, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Wildwood, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Belleview, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Leesburg, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Silver Springs Shores, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
Cities with Similar Populations
- Miami Beach, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Wheaton, IL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Lehi, UT: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Monroe, NC: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Hendersonville, NC: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Weslaco, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Malden, MA: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Port Orchard, WA: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Palm Harbor, FL: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Monterey Park, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds