In The Rockaways there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 97.14% of the neighborhood. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in The Rockaways
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in The Rockaways are not shown.
The Rockaways Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in The Rockaways is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 97.14% of The Rockaways. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in The Rockaways above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in The Rockaways?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in The Rockaways.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average The Rockaways home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the neighborhood is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 96.88% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in The Rockaways.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the southwest parts of The Rockaways, and slower in the northeast areas of the neighborhood.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in The Rockaways?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in The Rockaways you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the neighborhood.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 96.62% of The Rockaways homes.
- Cable is fastest for 3.30% of the neighborhood.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of The Rockaways homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in The Rockaways, along with details on where in The Rockaways and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in The Rockaways, Far Rockaway, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 97.14%, or 110,762 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the neighborhood. The company covers the entire The Rockaways area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of The Rockaways.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in The Rockaways. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is one of the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout The Rockaways. The fastest plan anyone in The Rockaways can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all The Rockaways customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In The Rockaways download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and above average compared to other The Rockaways fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in The Rockaways is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
The Rockaways Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to The Rockaways or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in The Rockaways compare to the rest of Far Rockaway?
Fiber internet speeds in The Rockaways are comparable versus the average speeds in Far Rockaway: 940 Mbps in Far Rockaway versus 940 Mbps in the neighborhood. The city has similar fiber availability compared to the neighborhood. Average fiber coverage in Far Rockaway is 99.88% versus 97.14% in The Rockaways.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around The Rockaways are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other neighborhoods?
Below are neighborhoods nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Old Howard Beach, Howard Beach, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Howard Beach, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Canarsie, Brooklyn, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- South Ozone Park, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Lindenwood, Howard Beach, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Springfield Gardens, Jamaica, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Rosedale, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Ozone Park, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- East Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
Neighborhoods with Similar Populations
- North, Houston, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Astoria, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Anacostia, Washington, DC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Westlake, Los Angeles, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Fort Green, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Southwestern Denver, Denver, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Northland, Columbus, OH: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ: less fiber coverage, faster speeds