In South Bronx there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 94.33% of the neighborhood. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in South Bronx
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in South Bronx are not shown.
South Bronx Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in South Bronx is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 94.33% of South Bronx. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in South Bronx above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in South Bronx?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in South Bronx.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average South Bronx home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the neighborhood is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 94.30% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in South Bronx.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the central parts of South Bronx, and slower in the northwest areas of the neighborhood.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in South Bronx?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in South Bronx you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the neighborhood.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 2.60% of South Bronx homes.
- Cable is fastest for 97.34% of the neighborhood.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of South Bronx homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in South Bronx, along with details on where in South Bronx and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in South Bronx, Bronx, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 94.33%, or 188,776 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the neighborhood. The company covers the entire South Bronx area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of South Bronx.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in South Bronx. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout South Bronx. The fastest plan anyone in South Bronx can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all South Bronx customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In South Bronx download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other South Bronx fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in South Bronx is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
South Bronx Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to South Bronx or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in South Bronx compare to the rest of Bronx?
Fiber internet speeds in South Bronx are comparable versus the average speeds in Bronx: 968 Mbps in Bronx versus 940 Mbps in the neighborhood. The city has similar fiber availability compared to the neighborhood. Average fiber coverage in Bronx is 98.54% versus 94.33% in South Bronx.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around South Bronx are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other neighborhoods?
Below are neighborhoods nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Highbridge, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Hunts Point, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Mott Haven, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Tremont, Bronx, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Morris Heights, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Soundview, Bronx, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Washington Heights, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Fordham, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Harlem, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- University Heights, Bronx, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
Neighborhoods with Similar Populations
- Mapleton-Flatlands, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Upper West Side, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bellaire, Houston, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Southeast Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- North Last Vegas, North Las Vegas, NV: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Upper East Side, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Mid Wilshire, Los Angeles, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Mountain, Phoenix, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Maryvale, Phoenix, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds