In Montgomery County there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 93.09% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Montgomery County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Montgomery County are not shown.
Montgomery County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Montgomery County is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 93.09% of Montgomery County. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Montgomery County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Montgomery County?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Montgomery County.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Montgomery County home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 92.52% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Montgomery County.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the south parts of Montgomery County, and slower in the north areas of the county.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Montgomery County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Montgomery County you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 1.27% of Montgomery County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 97.69% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Montgomery County homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Montgomery County, along with details on where in Montgomery County and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Montgomery County, MD
Verizon fiber coverage
About 93.09%, or 904,636 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Montgomery County area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Montgomery County.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Montgomery County. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Montgomery County. The fastest plan anyone in Montgomery County can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Montgomery County customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Montgomery County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is the fastest where upload speeds are concerned, and the fastest compared to other Montgomery County fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the county. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Montgomery County is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Montgomery County Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Montgomery County or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Montgomery County compare to the rest of Maryland?
Fiber internet speeds in Montgomery County are comparable versus the average speeds in Maryland: 983 Mbps in Maryland versus 940 Mbps in the county. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the county. Average fiber coverage in Maryland is 96.02% versus 93.09% in Montgomery County.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Montgomery County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- District of Columbia, DC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Falls Church City, VA: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Arlington County, VA: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Howard County, MD: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Fairfax County, VA: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Fairfax City, VA: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Alexandria City, VA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Prince George's County, MD: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Loudoun County, VA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Manassas Park City, VA: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- Mecklenburg County, NC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- St. Louis County, MO: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Wake County, NC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Pima County, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Fulton County, GA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Salt Lake County, UT: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Honolulu County, HI: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Fresno County, CA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Westchester County, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Contra Costa County, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds