In Maryland there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 63.03% of the state. The average home can get speeds up to 944 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Maryland
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Maryland are not shown.
Maryland Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Maryland is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 63.03% of Maryland. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Maryland above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Maryland?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Maryland.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Maryland home can get up to 944 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the state is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, less than 1% of homes can only purchase plans up to 100 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Maryland.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the north parts of Maryland, and slower in the southeast areas of the state.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Maryland?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Maryland you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the state.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 2.70% of Maryland homes.
- Cable is fastest for 94.37% of the state.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for 1.75%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Maryland homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Maryland, along with details on where in Maryland and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Maryland
Verizon fiber coverage
About 61.33%, or 3,540,819 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the state. The company covers the entire Maryland area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in a majority of Maryland.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Maryland. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is below average. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Maryland. The fastest plan anyone in Maryland can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Maryland customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Maryland download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and below average compared to other Maryland fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the state. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Maryland is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Maryland Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Maryland or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Maryland compare to the rest of the United States?
Fiber internet speeds in Maryland are comparable versus the average speeds in the United States: 936 Mbps in the United States versus 944 Mbps in the state. The nation has far less fiber availability compared to the state. Average fiber coverage in the United States is 89.84% versus 63.03% in Maryland.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Maryland are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other states?
Below are states nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- District of Columbia: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Delaware: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Pennsylvania: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Virginia: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- New Jersey: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- West Virginia: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- New York: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Connecticut: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Carolina: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Rhode Island: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
States with Similar Populations
- Missouri: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Wisconsin: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Minnesota: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Tennessee: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Colorado: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Indiana: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Massachusetts: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Arizona: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Alabama: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Washington: less fiber coverage, slower speeds