In Jamaica there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 99.59% of the neighborhood. The average home can get speeds up to 940 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Jamaica
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Jamaica are not shown.
Jamaica Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Jamaica is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 99.59% of Jamaica. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Jamaica above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Jamaica?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Jamaica.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Jamaica home can get up to 940 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the neighborhood is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 99.43% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Jamaica.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the northeast parts of Jamaica, and slower in the north areas of the neighborhood.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Jamaica?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Jamaica you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the neighborhood.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 99.59% of Jamaica homes.
- Cable is fastest for less than 1% of the neighborhood.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Jamaica homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Jamaica, along with details on where in Jamaica and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Jamaica, New York, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 99.59%, or 146,676 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the neighborhood. The company covers the entire Jamaica area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Jamaica.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Jamaica. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is one of the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Jamaica. The fastest plan anyone in Jamaica can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Jamaica customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Jamaica download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and above average compared to other Jamaica fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Jamaica is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Jamaica Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Jamaica or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Jamaica compare to the rest of New York?
Fiber internet speeds in Jamaica are comparable versus the average speeds in New York: 959 Mbps in New York versus 940 Mbps in the neighborhood. The city has similar fiber availability compared to the neighborhood. Average fiber coverage in New York is 99.92% versus 99.59% in Jamaica.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Jamaica are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other neighborhoods?
Below are neighborhoods nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Saintalbans, St. Albans, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Utopia, Jamaica, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- South Ozone Park, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Springfield Gardens, Jamaica, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Woodhaven-Richmond Hill, Woodhaven, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Queens Village, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Laurelton, Springfield Gardens, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Ozone Park, New York, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Old Howard Beach, Howard Beach, NY: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Forest Hills, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
Neighborhoods with Similar Populations
- East Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- North Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Southeast Dallas, Dallas, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Powers, Colorado Springs, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- West Houston, Houston, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Camelback East, Phoenix, AZ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Canarsie, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Harlem, New York, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- East Side, El Paso, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Borough Park, Brooklyn, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds