In Brooklyn there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 86.95% of the city. The average home can get speeds up to 939 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Brooklyn
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Brooklyn are not shown.
Brooklyn Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Brooklyn is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 86.95% of Brooklyn. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Brooklyn above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Brooklyn?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Brooklyn.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Brooklyn home can get up to 939 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the city is 1,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, less than 1% of homes can only purchase plans up to 30 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Brooklyn.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the northwest parts of Brooklyn, and slower in the east areas of the city.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Brooklyn?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Brooklyn you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the city.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 5.55% of Brooklyn homes.
- Cable is fastest for 66.50% of the city.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for 27.92%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Brooklyn homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Brooklyn, along with details on where in Brooklyn and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Brooklyn, NY
Verizon fiber coverage
About 86.78%, or 2,173,462 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the city. The company covers the entire Brooklyn area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Brooklyn.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Brooklyn. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is above average. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Brooklyn. The fastest plan anyone in Brooklyn can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Brooklyn customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Brooklyn download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and above average compared to other Brooklyn fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the city. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Brooklyn is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Brooklyn Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Brooklyn or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Brooklyn compare to the rest of New York?
Fiber internet speeds in Brooklyn are comparable versus the average speeds in New York: 886 Mbps in New York versus 939 Mbps in the city. The state has less fiber availability compared to the city. Average fiber coverage in New York is 97.92% versus 86.95% in Brooklyn.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Brooklyn are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other cities?
Below are cities nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Ridgewood, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- New York Metro, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Howard Beach, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Woodhaven, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Maspeth, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Ozone Park, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Middle Village, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Breezy Point, NY: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Sunnyside, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Long Island City, NY: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
Cities with Similar Populations
- Chicago, IL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Orlando Metro, FL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- San Antonio Metro, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Portland Metro, OR: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Charlotte Metro, NC: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- St. Louis Metro, MO: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Baltimore Metro, MD: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Pittsburgh Metro, PA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Sacramento Metro, CA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Tampa Metro, FL: less fiber coverage, slower speeds