In Boulder there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 61.45% of the city. The average home can get speeds up to 886 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Boulder
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Boulder are not shown.
Boulder Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Boulder is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 61.45% of Boulder. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Centurylink. Call one of the companies with service in Boulder above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Boulder?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Boulder.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Boulder home can get up to 886 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the city is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, less than 1% of homes can only purchase plans up to 20 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Boulder.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the east parts of Boulder, and slower in the northeast areas of the city.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Boulder?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Boulder you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the city.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for less than 1% of Boulder homes.
- Cable is fastest for 94.64% of the city.
- DSL is fastest for 1.61%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for 3.03%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Boulder homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Boulder, along with details on where in Boulder and at what speeds.
Centurylink Fiber in Boulder, CO
Centurylink fiber coverage
About 61.45%, or 68,672 people, have Centurylink fiber internet available to them in the city. The company covers the entire Boulder area. Centurylink is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in a majority of Boulder.
Centurylink fiber download speeds
Centurylink is below average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Boulder. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Centurylink fiber is below average. There are 7 different maximum speeds throughout Boulder. The fastest plan anyone in Boulder can order from Centurylink goes up to 940 Mbps, the slowest package only goes up to 20 Mbps, and the city-wide average maximum speed for Boulder customers is up to 883 Mbps.
Show all download speeds
- 93.2% up to 940.0 Mbps
- 2.7% up to 150.0 Mbps
- 2.4% up to 100.0 Mbps
- 0.3% up to 80.0 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 60.0 Mbps
- 0.6% up to 40.0 Mbps
- 0.1% up to 20.0 Mbps
Centurylink fiber upload speeds
In Boulder download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Centurylink fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Centurylink is below average where upload speeds are concerned, and below average compared to other Boulder fiber providers. Centurylink offers 9 different upload speeds across the city, so your internet plan's upload speed may vary by neighborhood. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Boulder is up to 940 Mbps. Some customers have slower plan choices, which only go up to 0.90 Mbps. On average, Centurylink customers can get speeds up to 878 Mbps.
Show all upload speeds
- 93.2% up to 940.0 Mbps
- 0.9% up to 100.0 Mbps
- 0.7% up to 50.0 Mbps
- 0.2% up to 40.0 Mbps
- 2.7% up to 20.0 Mbps
- 0.9% up to 10.0 Mbps
- 1.1% up to 5.0 Mbps
- 0.1% up to 3.0 Mbps
- 0.1% up to 0.9 Mbps
Boulder Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Boulder or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Boulder compare to the rest of Colorado?
Fiber internet speeds in Boulder are comparable versus the average speeds in Colorado: 982 Mbps in Colorado versus 886 Mbps in the city. The state has far less fiber availability compared to the city. Average fiber coverage in Colorado is 88.03% versus 61.45% in Boulder.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Boulder are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other cities?
Below are cities nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Gunbarrel, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Tall Timber, CO: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Crisman, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Sunshine, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Louisville, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Eldorado Springs, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Superior, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Lafayette, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Jamestown, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Sugarloaf, CO: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
Cities with Similar Populations
- Silver Spring, MD: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Norman, OK: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Fargo, ND: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Saginaw, MI: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Independence, MO: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- College Station, TX: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Thornton, CO: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Newark, DE: more fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Peoria, IL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Elgin, IL: less fiber coverage, faster speeds