In Baltimore County there is 1 residential Fiber provider covering 89.87% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 959 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Fiber Internet Service Provider in Baltimore County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Baltimore County are not shown.
Baltimore County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Baltimore County is fiber internet available?
Fiber Internet Availability Key
Fiber is available in 89.87% of Baltimore County. Areas in green have fiber internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is Verizon. Call one of the companies with service in Baltimore County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is fiber internet in Baltimore County?
The map below shows maximum fiber internet speeds by area in Baltimore County.
Fiber Internet Speed Key
The average Baltimore County home can get up to 959 Mbps on their fiber internet plan. The fastest fiber download speed in the county is 10,000 Mbps, which less than 1% of residents can get. Some homes and apartments do not have access to these speeds. On the slower end, for example, 89.57% of homes can only purchase plans up to 940 Mbps. See the internet provider details below for info about their speed and coverage in Baltimore County.
Fiber internet speeds tend to be faster in the central parts of Baltimore County, and slower in the north areas of the county.
Is fiber the fastest internet I can get in Baltimore County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Baltimore County you live. In general, cable competes most often with fiber in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for less than 1% of Baltimore County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 97.30% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for less than 1%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for 1.09% of Baltimore County homes.
Fiber Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Baltimore County, along with details on where in Baltimore County and at what speeds.
Verizon Fiber in Baltimore County, MD
Verizon fiber coverage
About 89.68%, or 721,915 people, have Verizon fiber internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Baltimore County area. Verizon is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Baltimore County.
Verizon fiber download speeds
Verizon is below average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Baltimore County. Versus other fiber providers in the area, Verizon fiber is the slowest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Baltimore County. The fastest plan anyone in Baltimore County can order from Verizon goes up to 940 Mbps, and all Baltimore County customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 940.0 Mbps
Verizon fiber upload speeds
In Baltimore County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for Verizon fiber. Compared to other ISPs, Verizon is above average where upload speeds are concerned, and the slowest compared to other Baltimore County fiber providers. Verizon offers no different upload speeds across the county. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Baltimore County is up to 880 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 880.0 Mbps
Baltimore County Fiber by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Baltimore County or any of the areas nearby.
How does fiber internet in Baltimore County compare to the rest of Maryland?
Fiber internet speeds in Baltimore County are comparable versus the average speeds in Maryland: 983 Mbps in Maryland versus 959 Mbps in the county. The state has similar fiber availability compared to the county. Average fiber coverage in Maryland is 96.02% versus 89.87% in Baltimore County.
What zip codes have fiber internet?
Fiber internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Baltimore County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does fiber internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Baltimore City, MD: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Howard County, MD: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Harford County, MD: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Anne Arundel County, MD: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Carroll County, MD: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Kent County, MD: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Montgomery County, MD: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Queen Anne's County, MD: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Prince George's County, MD: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- District of Columbia, DC: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- Middlesex County, NJ: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Pierce County, WA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- Montgomery County, PA: more fiber coverage, slower speeds
- El Paso County, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Hidalgo County, TX: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Hamilton County, OH: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Worcester County, MA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- San Francisco County, CA: less fiber coverage, faster speeds
- Ventura County, CA: less fiber coverage, slower speeds
- New Haven County, CT: less fiber coverage, slower speeds