The map below shows the political leanings of people in and around Tarrant County. Darker red areas have almost entirely Republican voters, dark blue areas vote mostly for Democrats, and areas in lighter shades or in light purple are areas where the vote is usually split between parties.
Tarrant County tends to be slightly republican based on voting results in recent elections. Compared to other nearby counties, Tarrant County has more democratic voters. Compared to the nation as a whole, Tarrant County leans more republican.
Highly educated populations with bachelor’s degrees or higher tend to vote for more liberal candidates. In Tarrant County, 30.64% of all adults have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. Educated women are far less likely to vote for conservatives, and in Tarrant County women make up 51.05% of the population.
Older Americans tend to vote more conservatively. Members of the Boomer and Silent generations (born 1928-1964) more often vote for republicans while GenX, Millennials (born 1965-1996) and younger generations consistently support democrats. The median age in Tarrant County is 35.4, which is younger than the national median age of 38.1.
Is Tarrant County a political battleground? Across all types of political contests in Tarrant County, including state, local and presidential elections, races come within five percentage points 21% of the time.
Note: Federal, local, and state elections are weighed based on the recency of the election and the importance most voters assign to each seat.
- Johnson County, TX: more conservative voters
- Dallas County, TX: more liberal voters
- Denton County, TX: more conservative voters
- Parker County, TX: more conservative voters
- Ellis County, TX: more conservative voters
- Wise County, TX: more conservative voters
- Hood County, TX: more conservative voters
- Collin County, TX: more conservative voters
- Somervell County, TX: more conservative voters
- Rockwall County, TX: more conservative voters
Counties with Similar Populations
- Santa Clara County, CA: more liberal voters
- Broward County, FL: more liberal voters
- Bexar County, TX: more liberal voters
- King County, WA: more liberal voters
- Clark County, NV: more liberal voters
- San Bernardino County, CA: more liberal voters
- Wayne County, MI: more liberal voters
- New York County, NY: more liberal voters
- Alameda County, CA: more liberal voters
- Queens County, NY: more liberal voters
All Local Stats
No other site shows detail at this level for free. We are able to keep this site free by receiving a small commission from the referring links below if you book, rent, or request a lead at no cost to you. Please share or cite this page if you aren't able to otherwise support our work.
Map interface © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Map data and content © bestneighborhood