The map below shows the political leanings of people in and around Franklin County. Darker red areas have almost entirely Republican voters, dark blue areas vote mostly for Democrats, and areas in lighter shades or in light purple are areas where the vote is usually split between parties.
Franklin County tends to be democratic based on voting results in recent elections. Compared to other nearby counties, Franklin County has more democratic voters. Compared to the nation as a whole, Franklin County leans more democratic.
Highly educated populations with bachelor’s degrees or higher tend to vote for more liberal candidates. In Franklin County, 39.13% of all adults have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. Educated women are far less likely to vote for conservatives, and in Franklin County women make up 51.20% of the population.
Older Americans tend to vote more conservatively. Members of the Boomer and Silent generations (born 1928-1964) more often vote for republicans while GenX, Millennials (born 1965-1996) and younger generations consistently support democrats. The median age in Franklin County is 35.6, which is younger than the national median age of 38.1.
Is Franklin County a political battleground? Across all types of political contests in Franklin County, including state, local and presidential elections, races come within five percentage points 11% of the time.
Note: Federal, local, and state elections are weighed based on the recency of the election and the importance most voters assign to each seat.
- Delaware County, OH: more conservative voters
- Madison County, OH: more conservative voters
- Pickaway County, OH: more conservative voters
- Fairfield County, OH: more conservative voters
- Licking County, OH: more conservative voters
- Union County, OH: more conservative voters
- Morrow County, OH: more conservative voters
- Fayette County, OH: more conservative voters
- Knox County, OH: more conservative voters
- Marion County, OH: more conservative voters
Counties with Similar Populations
- Allegheny County, PA: more liberal voters
- Oakland County, MI: more conservative voters
- Orange County, FL: more liberal voters
- Hennepin County, MN: more liberal voters
- Cuyahoga County, OH: more liberal voters
- Travis County, TX: more liberal voters
- Fairfax County, VA: more liberal voters
- Hillsborough County, FL: more conservative voters
- Contra Costa County, CA: more liberal voters
- Salt Lake County, UT: more conservative voters
All Local Stats
No other site shows detail at this level for free. We are able to keep this site free by receiving a small commission from the referring links below if you book, rent, or request a lead at no cost to you. Please share or cite this page if you aren't able to otherwise support our work.
Map interface © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Map data and content © bestneighborhood