The map below shows the political leanings of people in and around 60618. Darker red areas have almost entirely Republican voters, dark blue areas vote mostly for Democrats, and areas in lighter shades or in light purple are areas where the vote is usually split between parties.
60618 tends to be very democratic based on voting results in recent elections. Compared to other nearby zip codes, 60618 has more democratic voters. Compared to the nation as a whole, 60618 leans more democratic.
Highly educated populations with bachelor’s degrees or higher tend to vote for more liberal candidates. In 60618, 47.14% of all adults have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher. Educated women are far less likely to vote for conservatives, and in 60618 women make up 49.29% of the population.
Older Americans tend to vote more conservatively. Members of the Boomer and Silent generations (born 1928-1964) more often vote for republicans while GenX, Millennials (born 1965-1996) and younger generations consistently support democrats. The median age in 60618 is 34.8, which is younger than the national median age of 38.1.
Is 60618 a political battleground? Across all types of political contests in 60618, including state, local and presidential elections, races come within five percentage points 0% of the time.
Note: Federal, local, and state elections are weighed based on the recency of the election and the importance most voters assign to each seat.
Nearby Zip Codes
- 60625, IL: more conservative voters
- 60647, IL: more liberal voters
- 60613, IL: more conservative voters
- 60641, IL: more liberal voters
- 60657, IL: more conservative voters
- 60640, IL: more conservative voters
- 60614, IL: more conservative voters
- 60659, IL: more conservative voters
- 60622, IL: more liberal voters
- 60639, IL: more liberal voters
Zip Codes with Similar Populations
- 92503, CA: more conservative voters
- 11373, NY: more liberal voters
- 90044, CA: more conservative voters
- 90280, CA: more conservative voters
- 11214, NY: more conservative voters
- 10456, NY: more liberal voters
- 10025, NY: more liberal voters
- 77479, TX: more conservative voters
- 94565, CA: more conservative voters
- 11220, NY: more liberal voters
No other site shows detail at this level for free. We are able to keep this site free by receiving a small commission from the referring links below if you book, rent, or request a lead at no cost to you. Please share or cite this page if you aren't able to otherwise support our work.
Map interface © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Map data and content © bestneighborhood