In Alameda County there is 1 residential Cable provider covering 98.28% of the county. The average home can get speeds up to 1,000 Mbps. Note that we may have a financial relationship with some of the providers below. This does not influence rankings, and helps us provide high-quality detailed information for free.
Cable Internet Service Provider in Alameda County
To avoid wasting your time, providers with less than 1% coverage in Alameda County are not shown.
Alameda County Satellite TV & Internet Providers
DISH Satellite TV
N/A: Call to bundle.
DIRECTV Satellite TV
Not sure whether to choose Dish or DIRECTV? For most people most of the time we recommend DISH. But click here to learn more.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
Where in Alameda County is cable internet available?
Cable Internet Availability Key
Cable is available in 98.28% of Alameda County. Areas in green have cable internet service, where areas in yellow or red may not. The most widely available provider is XFINITY. Call one of the companies with service in Alameda County above to see who has service at your home.
How fast is cable internet in Alameda County?
The map below shows maximum cable internet speeds by area in Alameda County.
Cable Internet Speed Key
The average Alameda County home can get up to 1,000 Mbps on their cable internet plan. The fastest cable download speed in the county is 1,000 Mbps, which 98.28% of residents can get.
Is cable the fastest internet I can get in Alameda County?
The fastest internet for you may vary based on where in Alameda County you live. In general, fiber competes most often with cable in the county.
- Fiber is the fastest internet type for 55.99% of Alameda County homes.
- Cable is fastest for 24.49% of the county.
- DSL is fastest for less than 1%.
- Fixed wireless is fastest for 19.50%.
- Satellite internet may be the only option for less than 1% of Alameda County homes.
Cable Providers in Depth
Below you'll find which TV and internet providers offer service in Alameda County, along with details on where in Alameda County and at what speeds.
XFINITY from Comcast Cable in Alameda County, CA
XFINITY cable coverage
About 98.28%, or 1,484,262 people, have XFINITY cable internet available to them in the county. The company covers the entire Alameda County area. XFINITY is one of the largest internet service providers internet service providers in the US, with internet service available in most of Alameda County.
XFINITY from Comcast cable download speeds
XFINITY is above average when comparing download speeds to all other internet providers in Alameda County. Versus other cable providers in the area, XFINITY cable is one of the fastest. There are no different maximum speeds throughout Alameda County. The fastest plan anyone in Alameda County can order from XFINITY goes up to 1,000 Mbps, and all Alameda County customers can get this speed.
Show all download speeds
- 100.0% up to 1,000.0 Mbps
XFINITY from Comcast cable upload speeds
In Alameda County download speeds tend to be than upload speeds for XFINITY cable. Compared to other ISPs, XFINITY is below average where upload speeds are concerned, and average compared to other Alameda County cable providers. XFINITY offers no different upload speeds across the county. The fastest upload speed available to anyone from this ISP in Alameda County is up to 35 Mbps, which is available to everyone covered.
Show all upload speeds
- 100.0% up to 35.0 Mbps
Alameda County Cable by Area
This information is most helpful to those looking for homes or considering moving to Alameda County or any of the areas nearby.
How does cable internet in Alameda County compare to the rest of California?
Cable internet speeds in Alameda County are comparable versus the average speeds in California: 955 Mbps in California versus 1,000 Mbps in the county. The state has similar cable availability compared to the county. Average cable coverage in California is 95.44% versus 98.28% in Alameda County.
What zip codes have cable internet?
Cable internet coverage varies by zip code and neighborhood. Some examples in or around Alameda County are shown below. You can enter any zip code here to see TV and internet providers by zip code.
What does cable internet look like in other counties?
Below are counties nearby and with similar populations. This comparison can be useful if living somewhere with fast internet is important to you.
- Contra Costa County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- San Mateo County, CA: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- San Francisco County, CA: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Santa Clara County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Marin County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Solano County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- San Joaquin County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Napa County, CA: less cable coverage, similar speeds
- Santa Cruz County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Stanislaus County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
Counties with Similar Populations
- New York County, NY: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Philadelphia County, PA: more cable coverage, similar speeds
- Middlesex County, MA: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Suffolk County, NY: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Sacramento County, CA: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Wayne County, MI: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Bronx County, NY: less cable coverage, slower speeds
- Palm Beach County, FL: less cable coverage, similar speeds
- Nassau County, NY: more cable coverage, slower speeds
- Bexar County, TX: less cable coverage, slower speeds